Tuesday 10 June 2014

Memebox Make Up Edition

Memebox Make Up Edition


This box is a departure from the typical skincare boxes that I have been ordering from Memebox. I thought I would see what surprises I could get in a make up box.  This was selling for $23USD plus shipping and came with 5 products (with stated values):

  1. Cheek Room Makeup Base, 30ml (Green or Purple)  ($9)
  2. Dr. Young Anti Pore: Pore Eraser Balm, 15g ($38)
  3. MustaeV Spot Eraser Concealer Pencil No.5, 3g ($15)
  4. N.S.M. Cooling Tint or ReBorn Sorbet Melting Tint Gloss, 5g ($21)
  5. Ladykin Blossom Blusher, 8g (One of the following: 01 Berry Sherbet, 02 Milky Apricot, 03 Aurora Blossom, 04 Aurora Sweet, 05 Luna Reddish) ($15)
Total stated value of box = $98





Cheek Room Makeup Base
 Random selection of Green or Purple. Not sure what the difference would be. Will have to test this out.

UPDATE 9/24/2014: With a whole bunch of make up primers from Memebox in my stockpile, I decided to open up this one first, only because it has the earliest expiry date.  This primer comes out as a thin green lotion but applies clear.  I don't have too much experience with primers, but this one seems to have some colour-correcting action, cause it seems to remove the redness around my nose area and even my tone out. I think even if I don't get a chance to use foundation or BB cream over this makeup base, I can probably get away with using this alone. It leaves a nice silky finish on my skin.

Dr. Young Anti Pore: Pore Eraser Balm

MustaeV Spot Eraser Concealer Pencil No.5

N.S.M. Cooling Tint or ReBorn Sorbet Melting Tint Gloss
 I got a bright neon pink colour. This seems a bit bright for me, but then again it could look different once applied. Will give it a shot.
Ladykin Blossom Blusher, 04 Aurora Sweet
This blush actually looks really pretty. I got the 04 Aurora Sweet, which is kind of orangey, not a a colour I'd buy for myself, but I'm glad I got this as its different than what I already have. Will give this a try.


Overal Thoughts:
As a Make Up box, I was hoping to see a bit more actual makeup products/colour in this box (eyeshadows? eyeliners? even nail polish?).  Three of the five items are primers, concealer and make up base. I get that having flawless skin is important as a base before make up, but still....I think this could have been a lot better. 

Visit my Memebox page for more information on current boxes in stock and list of Memebox blog posts.  See also Current Promotions for special deals.


No comments:

Post a Comment