Tuesday 10 June 2014

Memebox Minibox 2

Memebox Minibox #2



My Memebox Minibox 2 and Memebox Makeup Edition was delivered yesterday. Being smaller boxes, I didn't get the automatic upgrade to Express shipping as I usually do when I order more than one box with the same shipping date.  This was sent via regular shipping and took more than two weeks, much longer than any of my previous regular shipments of 8 to 10 days. When I got the box, I saw the yellow customs sticker "Opened by Customs", which explains the delay.... Well, guess there weren't any issues when they opened it, cause I didn't get any other notice.

So this box was selling for $15USD with free shipping.  I got this box free with the Memepoints I had at the time.  There are five items (with stated values):

  1. Lalanc Nail Stickers 5 g x 3 packs (Pandas, Rabbits, Roses) ($6.50, this is a guess as the card says $39 for 30ml ??)
  2. Kokostar Nail Therapy, 1ea ($4.80)
  3. Tonymoly Delight Tony Tint #2 Red, 1.5ml ($0.67)
  4. Goodal Repair Plus Essential Oil, 15ml ($10)
  5. Coalion Pore Mool Pool Deep Cleansing, 75ml ($20)  OR (Randomly Selected)  CNP Aqua Refresh Cleansing Water, 70ml ($67)   Obviously, with my luck I got the lower price Mool Pool Cleanser, which I already have from another box.

Total value of my box = $42



Lalanc Nail Stickers
So these are a bit tacky for my taste. Will be giving these to my neice, or wait a couple years til my daughter is older (she's 7 months now).  Not impressed.
Kokostar Nail Therapy
This was part of the Memebox Hair and Body, I got last month,where three was provided. I haven't had a chance to try this yet.  This time it came with a promocode for 15% off on Nail Therapy products in the Memeshop.  And I just noticed that a pack of 5 selling for $17 (not $24 as stated on the information card, as many have noted that the stated value of products tend to be inflated).
Tonymoly Delight Tony Tint #2 Red
Another Tonymoly Lip Tint. This is the third one for me. The others were in  my Nakedbox 14 and  Luckybox 5.
Goodal Repair Plus Essential Oil
Another dupe for me. The first came in Luckybox 4.  I'm still waiting for a chance to try this. With the hot weather my skin just doesn't need anymore oil right now. 
Coalion Pore Mool Pool Deep Cleansing
Another duplicate. I got this the first time in my Nakedbox 15.  Would have preferred the CNP Aqua Refresh Cleansing Water.

Overall this box has good value and  variety, and is a good low cost introduction to Korean Beauty products (except for the nail art stickers), especially for first time Memebox customers. 

But knowing what I know now and having the number of boxes I have already, I regret getting this box, even though it was free with points.  I ended up with four duplicate items, except for the nail art stickers which I have no use for.  I won't be buying any more Miniboxes, but unfortunately, I have Minibox 3 on order (that one cost me $2, with free points on promotion at the time).  But definitely, I would recommend this if you are new and don't want to spend a lot of money and especially with free shipping included its still a deall.

But, but...if you can afford a few more dollars ($23 plus shipping), I would recommend the Memebox Global or Luckyboxes.

Visit my Memebox page for more information on current boxes in stock and list of Memebox blog posts.  See also Curret Promotions for special deals.


No comments:

Post a Comment